Pants for Women
Add some pizzazz to your vintage-inspired wardrobe collection with the perfect pair of pants! Whether your style is preppy and polished or a little rock 'n roll, our wonderful selection of women's pants are available in sizes ranging from XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VINTAGE-INSPIRED PANTS? Well, that depends on what era of fashion you feel like channeling today!
40’s Women’s Pants: Classic high-rise pleated pants with stylish belts are a timeless staple of 1940s women’s fashion. Straight-leg pants and wide-leg pants with cuffed ankles and deep pockets were all the rage during this iconic fashion era.
- 50’s Women’s Pants: Rockabilly style began influencing fashion in the 1950’s, and this is the era when skinny plaid pants, capri pants, and cigarette pants first made their debut! High-waisted pants paired with stylish belts, and pants with pockets became a fashion must-have, and don’t forget the prints! Polka-dot pants, plaid pants, and striped pants have been stealing hearts ever since. By the end of this fashion era, cropped skinny pants, and high-waisted cigarette pants were all the rage, and getting paired with sleeveless button-up tops, stylish flats, or sensible kitten heels.
- 60’s Women’s Pants: In the 1960’s, denim jeans FINALLY became mainstream! Wide-leg jeans, high-rise flare pants, bell-bottom jeans, and jeans with bold floral embroidery or rainbow striped detailing became all the rage. Bold floral print pants, leopard print pants, and colorblock pants are still fashion hallmarks of this iconic era. Button-fly jeans, Chelsea pants, and sailor pants with adorable front patch pockets hit the fashion scene in the 1960s, and Audrey Hepburn had everyone wearing black turtlenecks with high-rise cigarette skinny pants.
- 70’s Women’s Pants: High-rise flare pants with bold geometric prints can be traced back to the 1970s fashion era. Bell bottoms, corduroy pants, wide-leg jeans, and sassy jumpsuits filled the disco dance floors. Overall pants made an appearance in the 70’s, and the disco era also made way for sequin pants and stretchy velvet pants.
- 80’s Women’s Pants: The demand for cute and comfortable track pants blew up in the 1980’s, and mom jeans hit the scene! Pleated trousers were perfect for work and acid wash denim pants, paperbag pants, and baggy joggers with bold neon prints ruled the dance floor. The birth of hip-hop brought us baggy jeans, while rainbow prints, neon colorblock, and animal prints were stretched out as far as the eye can see.
- 90’s Women’s Pants: Plaid pants had a major resurgence in the 90’s, and leggings finally took their rightful place in everyday apparel. Brightly printed leggings, neon leggings, and vibrant solid leggings layered under an oversized tee were a casual wardrobe staple. Enter the infamous era of low-rise jeans, and hip-hugger pants! Denim overalls with cute crop tops, or a bodysuit was always a good call. Cargo pants had their time in the limelight along with utility jeans and carpenter pants. Finish your look with a pair of combat boots, wedge sandals, or chunky Mary Janes and voila! A total nineties babe!
Is your closet missing the perfect pair of pants? Whether you're looking for a classic cut, a pop of pattern, or a darling design, you're sure to find a winning pair with our fantastic selection of pants!
Women’s pants for our ModCloth community is about variety and creative expression! ModCloth loves representing the perfect fit for every woman, especially in vintage-inspired styles that go above and beyond the status quo. ModCloth makes it fun and easy to express yourself in sizes ranging XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
Yes, we have all our favorite essential clothing basics that include relaxed-fit tees, leggings, tunics, cardigans, and stretchy denim jeans. ModCloth also has you covered with workwear essentials like sophisticated blazers, trousers, dresses, and button-up tops, but here’s how ModCloth goes beyond basic to showcase your retro-chic sensibilities:
Era-based fashion so you can channel the art deco-inspired 1920s, classic pin-up vibes from the 1930’s, the mod 40’s, the rockabilly 50’s, retro 70’s vibes with high-rise, wide-leg pants and psychedelic prints, the neon 80’s, and the pop, punk, and goth movements of the 90’s!
Exclusive collaborations with exciting brands like Hello Kitty, Barbie, Care Bears, Collectif, Princess Highway, and more!
Hard-to-find options for vintage-inspired coats, jumpsuits, overalls, swing skirts, sleepwear, outerwear, and swimwear.
SO MUCH to choose from in women’s dresses! Fit-and-flare dresses, swing dresses, maxi dresses, cocktail dresses, party dresses, mini dresses, babydoll dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses, sweater dresses…and MOST of them have POCKETS!
Our most popular women’s clothing styles offer exclusive hand-drawn prints that range from elegant to quirky with an emphasis on current trends. Whether you love cats, dogs, books, deep sea creatures, outerspace, moon phases, stars, celestial, dinosaurs, bunnies, bugs, bears, florals, rainbows, or reptiles, our talented design team is always coming up with unique ways for you to express yourself.
Elegant dresses for special occasions including stunning wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, cocktail dresses, and evening gowns that are full of unique, vintage-inspired detailing.
So how do you feel like expressing yourself today? Are you feeling a bit kawaii? Cottagecore? Boho-chic? Feeling your goth streak? Or maybe you just want to wear something that lets everyone know how much you love your cat. Whatever you want in vintage-inspired women’s clothing, ModCloth is with you all the way. Come explore our latest women’s clothing collection now!