ModCloth Community Guidelines
At ModCloth, we're always here to lend an ear to all your concerns and feedback! Whether it's a blog comment, a product review, or on one of our social networking pages, we value your viewpoint.
Our diverse, worldwide community deserves a safe, welcoming environment for expression. When engaging with them and with us:
- -- Please use respecful language
- -- Please only share truthful information
- -- Please refrain from using profanity
- -- In other words, be nice!
We're dedicated to keeping ModCloth and our social pages positive places to spend time. We reserve the right to remove any posted content we feel may foil your fun. We'll diligently do away with:
- -- Inappropriate links (including ones to our competitors' sites)
- -- Negative comments about people's bodies and appearances
- -- Pushy proselytizing
- -- Any degrading, derogatory, or downright threatening language
If you have feedback about a problem with an item, if an item arrived in less than satisfactory condition, or you have any other customer service issues, such as shipping, returns, or the site related issues, please contact Customer Care directly. We reserve the right to disapprove any review regarding an issue that they can help you with!
This is a forum for you to show and share how you wear ModCloth and get styling ideas and inspiration. We want our community to be able to see and read about how each item looks and feels, and fits on different sizes and body types. We also want to know how well it works with unique outfit pairings and styling choices, so we encourage your first-hand feedback! We want to hear what you have to say about your ModCloth purchases!
Some helpful tips to guide you along:
- -- Please only review items that you own and have purchased from ModCloth.
- -- Consider what you would like to know before you purchasing an item.
- -- Be as specific and descriptive as possible about the fit, quality, and material.
- -- If an item suited you beautifully, tell us why. But if it wasn't quite what you expected, tell us what didn't work. Do you think it might fit better or look different on another body type?
- -- Where did you wear it and with what? How many compliments did you get? Tell us your story!
Whatever you write, please be polite!
ModCloth reserves the right to not post a review or remove a posted review for any reason. This may consist of, but is not limited to the following:
- -- URLs or links of any kind, phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, other types of contact information
- -- Derogatory or discriminatory language, profanity, and/or sexually explicit, abusive, or offensive material
- -- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
- -- Negative or disparaging comments about other customers, their reviews, or ModCloth that are not constructive
- -- Customer service issues such as final sale status, returns, shipping times and cost, out of stock status, or products that arrive damaged. We do still want to hear all this feedback, good or bad, but please stick to the product in reviews and contact our Care team about the rest
- -- As prices are volatile, reviews mentioning price (whether comparison or price paid) will not be approved
- -- Please do not mention retailers other than ModCloth in your review. We Want to hear feedback (as does the Community) solely regarding the item purchased from ModCloth. Though all feedback is taken into account, we do reserve the right to disapprove reviews with these references, as it violates our site-wide policy.
Enjoy writing your review -- we can't wait to see what you have to say!
Social Media Comments & Messages
Comments may be removed if they:
- -- Contain offensive material, such as discriminatory or sexist language, profanity, or controversial and/ or sexually explicit material
- -- Contain spam, promote an agenda, or reference a competitors site. Please keep it on-topic and relevant to ModCloth
- -- Contain sensitive account information (e.g. email addresses, order numbers, etc.). Customer security is a top priority for us!
- -- Are negative, disparaging, or nonconstructive comments addressed to individuals or ModCloth. We promote respect and acceptance
Please keep conversations creative and constructive! We welcome and encourage your practical feedback, questions, and suggestions for us, and we try to address and respond as often as feasible! Please keep in mind that comments will be addressed as quickly as possible, but our social media team operates on Eastern Time (ET) and is not available on weekends or evenings. For any urgent matter, please contact our Customer Care team!
This policy will be subject to change as ModCloth's presence on social networks continues to grow. We retain the right to make final decisions regarding comments, messages, media, and/ or content posted, sent, or received through ModCloth accounts and profiles. We also retain the right to remove any content for any reason at the discretion of our team members.
Customer Care Rules of Engagement
Our Care advocates are available to help you! We want to be able to swiftly and accurately assess situations and offer solutions, so here are some tips and reminders when speaking to, chatting with, or writing to our Customer Care team:
- -- Be prepared! The more info you can provide, the faster we can assist you
- -- Be patient! Sometimes, we need to do a little research related to your inquiry. Rest assured, we will make it our first priority to investigate as quickly as possible and keep you in the loop every step of the way
- -- Be polite! We will always treat you with respect, so please give us the same courtesy. Name-calling, racial slurs, and personal attacks are grounds for disengagement. Repeated use of abusive language and behavior may result in severing ties completely
- -- Mostly just keep in mind you are speaking to a fellow human and follow the golden rule!