WOMEN'S PLUS SIZE SWEATERS AND CARDIGANS
Express yourself in ModCloth's assortment of cute women's plus size sweaters and cardigans. Find your favorite plus size knit tops and button-up sweaters in the perfect fit! Shop sizes XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VINTAGE-INSPIRED PLUS SIZE SWEATERS AND CARDIGANS? That depends on what era you wish to channel!
40’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: Nautical-inspired, striped plus-size cardis with long sleeves are timeless staples of 1940s women’s button-up sweaters. Plus-size Fair Isle sweaters first made their debut in the 1940’s, along with mock neck sweaters, cable knit sweaters, and darling sweater vests. Also, plus-size cardigans with embroidered collars, puff sleeves, and cable knit detailing were becoming all the rage during this era.
- 50’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: Rockabilly style began influencing fashion in the 1950’s, and the plus size cropped cardigan has been stealing hearts ever since. Oversized wool cardigans added a cozy casual vibe, and argyle sweaters and turtleneck sweaters gained popularity. This is the fashion era when cardigans with Peter Pan collars with matching plus-size button-up blouses first made their debut.
- 60’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: In the 1960’s, plus-size short sleeve cardigans were all the rage! Plus size button-up sweaters in bold geometric prints hit the runaway, and plus size tie-neck button-up sweaters won many a heart. Plus-size short sleeve sweaters with bold prints and playful designs also herald back to the 60’s fashion era.
- 70’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: Sassy plus-size short sleeve cardigans became a mainstay in the 1970’s, as well as button-up sweaters with elbow-length sleeves. Plus-size cardigans and plus size knit tops inspired by the 70’s are often adorned with pintuck detailing, floral prints, and beautiful embroidery.
- 80’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: Vibrant plus size polo shirts, henley tops, peplum tops, and collared button-ups went to the next level in the 1980’s, and plus size knit tops with dolman sleeves were all the rage. Plus size sweater dresses became ultra-cool, and puff sleeves became a wardrobe staple! Bold neon prints and short sleeve button-up tops were everywhere and Peter Pan collars made a major comeback.
- 90’s Plus Size Sweaters and Cardigans: It was all about the crop top during the 1990s fashion era, so plus size cropped cardigan sweaters and vibrant-hued pullover sweaters made a major comeback.
Whatever era in fashion you seek to inspire, we're here to support you with cute plus-size sweaters and cardigans in a wide variety of vintage-inspired styles!
Plus-size women's clothes for our ModCloth community...
is about variety and creative expression! ModCloth loves representing the perfect plus-size fit, especially in vintage-inspired styles that go above and beyond the status quo. ModCloth makes it fun and easy to express yourself through plus-size clothing in sizes 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X, created with the cuts and silhouettes that flatter your form.
Yes, we have all the plus-size clothing basics that include relaxed-fit tees, leggings, tunics, cardigans, and stretchy denim jeans. We also got you covered with plus-size workwear essentials like sophisticated blazers, trousers, dresses, and button-up tops, but here’s how ModCloth goes beyond basic to showcase your retro-chic sensibilities:
Plus-sized, era-based fashion so you can channel the art deco-inspired 1920s, classic pin-up vibes from the 1930’s, the mod 40’s, the rockabilly 50’s, retro 70’s vibes with high-rise, wide-leg pants and psychedelic prints, the neon 80’s, and the pop, punk, and goth movements of the 90’s!
Exclusive plus-size collaborations with exciting brands like Hello Kitty, Barbie, Care Bears, Collectif, Princess Highway, and more!
Hard-to-find plus-size options for vintage-inspired coats, jumpsuits, overalls, swing skirts, sleepwear, outerwear, and swimwear.
SO MUCH to choose from in plus-size dresses! Fit-and-flare dresses, swing dresses, maxi dresses, cocktail dresses, party dresses, summer dresses, mini dresses, babydoll dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses, sweater dresses…and MOST of them have POCKETS!
Our most popular plus-size styles offer exclusive hand-drawn prints that range from elegant to quirky with an emphasis on current trends. Whether you love cats, dogs, books, deep sea creatures, outerspace, dinosaurs, bunnies, bugs, bears, florals, rainbows, or reptiles, our talented design team is always coming up with unique ways for you to express yourself.
Elegant plus-size dresses for special occasions including stunning plus-size wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, cocktail dresses, and evening gowns that are full of unique, vintage-inspired detailing.
At ModCloth, your personal fashion can’t be held back by limited sizing, so how do you feel like expressing yourself today? Are you feeling a bit kawaii? Cottagecore? Boho-chic? Feeling your goth streak? Or maybe you just want to wear something that lets everyone know how much you love cats, or books, or plants, or traveling, or dinosaurs...Whatever you want in plus-size clothing, ModCloth is with you all the way. Come explore our latest plus-size clothing collection now!