ModCloth has some of the cutest vintage-inspired rainbow skirts you will ever see, in exclusive prints and patterns you won’t find anywhere else. The best part? In sizes ranging XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X, they are for EVERYONE and every occasion!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VINTAGE-INSPIRED RAINBOW SKIRTS? Well, that depends on what era of fashion you feel like channeling today!
40’s Rainbow Skirts: Classic a-line skirts, often with button-up detailing, and stylish belts at the high-rise waist are a timeless staple of 1940s women’s fashion. Midi skirts in floral prints, and vibrant solids (especially navy blue skirts) were all the rage during this era. Jacquard print skirts, tiered skirts, and knee-length pleated skirts also became popular during this iconic fashion era.
- 50’s Rainbow Skirts: Rockabilly style began influencing fashion in the 1950’s, and this is the era when swing skirts, belted flare skirts, and chic pencil skirts first made their debut! Poodle skirts became a fashion must-have, and don’t forget the prints! Polka-dot skirts, plaid skirts, and deep emerald green skirts have been stealing hearts ever since.
- 60’s Rainbow Skirts: In the 1960’s, all manners of mini skirts became mainstream! Bold floral print skirts, leopard print skirts, and mod colorblock skirts are still fashion hallmarks of this iconic era. Pleated mini skirts hit the scene, and naturally, white go-go boots became the must-have footwear.
- 70’s Rainbow Skirts: Flowy bohemian maxi skirts in floral prints and mini skirts with bold geometric prints can be traced back to the 1970s fashion era. Corduroy skirts, plaid mini skirts, pleated mini skirts hit the runway. Pinafore skirts made a comeback in the 70’s, and the disco era also made way for sequin skirts and velvet mini skirts.
- 80’s Rainbow Skirts: Cute mini skirts reached new heights in the 1980’s, and metallic skirts with tulle overlay took over prom night! Neon skirts ruled the dance floor, and Madonna made us fall in love with black mesh skirts as well as skirts with ruffles upon ruffles. Denim skirts paired with jean jackets in rainbow prints, neon colorblock, and animal prints were stretched out as far as the eye can see.
- 90’s Rainbow Skirts: Plaid mini skirts came back in a major way during the 1990s fashion era. Mock neck dresses and sheer dresses hit the red carpet, and nothing beat a floral slip dress layered under a flannel button-up top. Pleated skirts had a major resurgence and maxi skirts with sassy side slits were everything! Cute and casual knit skirts, bodycon skirts, and color block skirts also show up in timeless 90’s era fashion. Finish your look with a pair of combat boots, wedge sandals, or chunky Mary Janes!
Whatever era in fashion you seek to inspire, we're here to support you with cute rainbow skirts in every size!
Women’s clothing for our ModCloth community is about variety and creative expression! ModCloth loves representing the perfect fit for every woman, especially in vintage-inspired styles that go above and beyond the status quo. ModCloth makes it fun and easy to express yourself in sizes ranging XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
Yes, we have all our favorite essential clothing basics that include relaxed-fit tees, leggings, tunics, cardigans, and stretchy denim jeans. ModCloth also has you covered with workwear essentials like sophisticated blazers, trousers, dresses, and button-up tops, but here’s how ModCloth goes beyond basic to showcase your retro-chic sensibilities:
Era-based fashion so you can channel the art deco-inspired 1920s, classic pin-up vibes from the 1930’s, the mod 40’s, the rockabilly 50’s, retro 70’s vibes with high-rise, wide-leg pants and psychedelic prints, the neon 80’s, and the pop, punk, and goth movements of the 90’s!
Exclusive collaborations with exciting brands like Hello Kitty, Barbie, Care Bears, Collectif, Princess Highway, and more!
Hard-to-find options for vintage-inspired coats, jumpsuits, overalls, swing skirts, sleepwear, outerwear, and swimwear.
SO MUCH to choose from in women’s dresses! Fit-and-flare dresses, swing dresses, maxi dresses, cocktail dresses, party dresses, mini dresses, babydoll dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses, sweater dresses…and MOST of them have POCKETS!
Our most popular women’s clothing styles offer exclusive hand-drawn prints that range from elegant to quirky with an emphasis on current trends. Whether you love cats, dogs, books, deep sea creatures, outerspace, moon phases, stars, celestial, dinosaurs, bunnies, bugs, bears, florals, rainbows, or reptiles, our talented design team is always coming up with unique ways for you to express yourself.
Elegant dresses for special occasions including stunning wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, cocktail dresses, and evening gowns that are full of unique, vintage-inspired detailing.
So how do you feel like expressing yourself today? Are you feeling a bit kawaii? Cottagecore? Boho-chic? Feeling your goth streak? Or maybe you just want to wear something that lets everyone know how much you love your cat. Whatever you want in vintage-inspired women’s clothing, ModCloth is with you all the way. Come explore our latest women’s clothing collection now!