Express yourself in ModCloth's assortment of cute women's tops, graphic tees, and knits.Looking for Graphic Tees, Blouses, tank tops, bodysuits and more? New women's tops styles arrive on ModCloth daily All sizes are loved at ModCloth. Find your favorite cute top and perfect fit available size from 00-28.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VINTAGE-INSPIRED TOPS AND SHIRTS? That depends on what era you wish to channel!
40’s era tops and shirts: Nautical-inspired striped button-up shirts with long blouson sleeves are timeless staples of 1940s women’s tops. Pintuck detailing, flutter sleeves, and embroidered collars were becoming all the rage during this era.
- 50’s era tops and shirts: Rockabilly style began influencing fashion in the 1950’s, and the halter top has been stealing hearts ever since. This is the fashion era when Peter Pan collars and fitted button-up blouses first made their debut! In the 50s, darling cutouts, plaid shirts, bateau necklines, sweetheart silhouettes, and pussybow neck ties all challenged the status quo in women’s fashion.
- 60’s era tops and shirts: In the 1960’s, cottagecore smocked tops became mainstream, and sleeveless button-up tops, and short sleeve cardigans were all the rage! Tie-waist tops in bold geometric prints hit the runaway, and tie-neck tops won many a heart.
- 70’s era tops and shirts: Sassy surplice tops, striped knit tops, woven button-up blouses, and swishy tunics can be traced back to the 1970s fashion era. Gingham print shirts, baseball tees with elbow-length sleeves, long sleeve tees, and bold floral prints joined the revolution in casual tops and knits. Sleeveless tops and short sleeve sweaters became a mainstay for shirts in the 70’s, and button-up tops were often adorned with flare sleeves, pintuck detailing, and beautiful embroidery.
- 80’s era tops and shirts: Vibrant polo shirts, henley tops, peplum tops, and collared button-ups went to the next level in the 1980’s, and knit tops with dolman sleeves were all the rage. Graphic t-shirts became ultra-cool, and puff sleeves became a wardrobe staple! Bold neon prints and short sleeve button-up tops were everywhere and Peter Pan collars made a major comeback.
- 90’s era tops and shirts: It was all about the bare midriff during the 1990s fashion era, so knit crop tops and cropped tank tops made a major comeback. Graphic tees, Over-the-shoulder tops became a mainstay in casual nineties shirts and tops, and mock neck tops got lots of love too. Sheer and mesh shirts hit the runway in the 90’s, and plaid button-up tops were everywhere.
When your wardrobe craves a ModCloth knit top, indulge it with knit from our curated assortment of cute tops. Be it a pretty peplum, puff sleeve top , blouse, a super-cute cardigan, a staple tunic, or any style in between, our knit tops satisfy with details and silhouettes that cater directly to your palate!
Women’s clothing for our ModCloth community is about variety and creative expression! ModCloth loves representing the perfect fit for every woman, especially in vintage-inspired styles that go above and beyond the status quo. ModCloth makes it fun and easy to express yourself in sizes ranging XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
Yes, we have all our favorite essential clothing basics that include relaxed-fit tees, leggings, tunics, cardigans, and stretchy denim jeans. ModCloth also has you covered with workwear essentials like sophisticated blazers, trousers, dresses, and button-up tops, but here’s how ModCloth goes beyond basic to showcase your retro-chic sensibilities:
Era-based fashion so you can channel the art deco-inspired 1920s, classic pin-up vibes from the 1930’s, the mod 40’s, the rockabilly 50’s, retro 70’s vibes with high-rise, wide-leg pants and psychedelic prints, the neon 80’s, and the pop, punk, and goth movements of the 90’s!
Exclusive collaborations with exciting brands like Hello Kitty, Barbie, Care Bears, Collectif, Princess Highway, and more!
Hard-to-find options for vintage-inspired coats, jumpsuits, overalls, swing skirts, sleepwear, outerwear, and swimwear.
SO MUCH to choose from in women’s dresses! Fit-and-flare dresses, swing dresses, maxi dresses, cocktail dresses, party dresses, mini dresses, babydoll dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses, sweater dresses…and MOST of them have POCKETS!
Our most popular women’s clothing styles offer exclusive hand-drawn prints that range from elegant to quirky with an emphasis on current trends. Whether you love cats, dogs, books, deep sea creatures, outerspace, dinosaurs, bunnies, bugs, bears, florals, rainbows, or reptiles, our talented design team is always coming up with unique ways for you to express yourself.
Elegant dresses for special occasions including stunning wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, cocktail dresses, and evening gowns that are full of unique, vintage-inspired detailing.
So how do you feel like expressing yourself today? Are you feeling a bit kawaii? Cottagecore? Boho-chic? Feeling your goth streak? Or maybe you just want to wear something that lets everyone know how much you love your cat. Whatever you want in vintage-inspired women’s clothing, ModCloth is with you all the way. Come explore our latest women’s clothing collection now!
Women's Graphic Tees