VINTAGE-INSPIRED WOMEN'S CLOTHES.
Looking to add cute clothing to your wardrobe? Whether you're a lover of vintage-inspired style, or modern day maven, you'll be sure to find cute and unique clothing to spice up your everyday outfits! Find cute clothing to suit any style or mood in sizes ranging from XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF VINTAGE-INSPIRED WOMEN'S CLOTHES? Well, that depends on what era of fashion you feel like channeling today:
40’s fashion clothing: Classic a-line dresses, often with button-up detailing, short sleeves, lapel collars, and stylish belts at the high-rise waist are a timeless staple of 1940s women’s clothes. Midi dresses in floral prints, and vibrant solids (especially navy blue dresses) were all the rage during this era. Long-line coats with fur collars, high-rise pleated pants, and long sleeve button-up blouses also became popular during this iconic fashion era
- 50’s fashion clothing: Rockabilly style began influencing fashion in the 1950’s, and this is the era when swing dresses, fit-and-flare dresses, and sleeveless midi dresses first made their debut! (Think Marilyn in her timeless, white halter-top dress). Tie-neck collars became a fashion must-have, and don’t forget the prints! Polka-dot dresses, plaid dresses, and deep emerald green dresses have been stealing hearts ever since. Cropped skinny pants, and high-waisted skinny cigarette pants were gaining popularity, and were paired with sleeveless button-up tops, stylish flats, or sensible kitten heels.
- 60’s fashion clothing: In the 1960’s, all manners of mini dresses became mainstream! The babydoll dress, smock dresses with Peter Pan collars, off the shoulder dresses, belted shift dresses, shirred dresses, smocked dresses, and FINALLY dresses with pockets! Bold floral print dresses, leopard print dresses, and colorblock dresses are still fashion hallmarks of this iconic era. Pleated mini skirts hit the scene, and Audrey Hepburn had everyone wearing black turtlenecks with high-rise skinny pants. And naturally, white go-go boots became the must-have footwear.
- 70’s fashion clothing: Flowy maxi dresses and kaftan dresses with bold geometric prints can be traced back to the 1970s fashion era. Halter tops, crop tops, tie-waist tops, and flare sleeve tops all made the scene. Bell bottoms, corduroy pants, corduroy skirts, wide-leg jeans, and sassy jumpsuits filled the disco dance floors. Pinafore dresses made a comeback in the 70’s, boho dresses first hit the scene, and the disco era also made way for sequin dresses and velvet dresses.
- 80’s fashion clothing: Cute mini dresses reached new heights in the 1980’s, and metallic print dresses with puff sleeves and tulle overlay took over prom night! Neon dresses ruled the dance floor, and Madonna made us fall in love with black mesh dresses as well as dresses with ruffles upon ruffles. The birth of hip-hop brought us baggy jeans and oversized button-up tops in the 80’s, while denim skirts, jean jackets, rainbow prints, neon colorblock, and animal prints were stretched out as far as the eye can see.
- 90’s fashion clothing: Plaid mini skirts, and plaid dresses came back in a major way during the 1990s fashion era. Mock neck dresses and sheer dresses hit the red carpet, and nothing beat a floral slip dress layered under a flannel button-up top. Plaid pants, fitted blazers, low-rise jeans, and cute cardigans were everything! Denim overalls with cute crop tops, or a bodysuit was always a good call. Cute and casual sundresses, bodycon dresses, and color block dresses also show up in timeless 90’s era fashion. Finish your look with a pair of combat boots, wedge sandals, or chunky Mary Janes!
Whatever era in fashion you seek to inspire, we're here to support you with cute women's clothes in every size!
Women’s clothing for our ModCloth community is about variety and creative expression! ModCloth loves representing the perfect fit for every woman, especially in vintage-inspired styles that go above and beyond the status quo. ModCloth makes it fun and easy to express yourself in sizes ranging XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL, 1X, 2X, 3X, and 4X.
Yes, we have all our favorite essential clothing basics that include relaxed-fit tees, leggings, tunics, cardigans, and stretchy denim jeans. ModCloth also has you covered with workwear essentials like sophisticated blazers, trousers, dresses, and button-up tops, but here’s how ModCloth goes beyond basic to showcase your retro-chic sensibilities:
- Era-based fashion so you can channel the art deco-inspired 1920s, classic pin-up vibes from the 1930’s, the mod 40’s, the rockabilly 50’s, retro 70’s vibes with high-rise, wide-leg pants and psychedelic prints, the neon 80’s, and the pop, punk, and goth movements of the 90’s!
- Exclusive collaborations with exciting brands like Hello Kitty, Barbie, Care Bears, Collectif, Princess Highway, and more!
- Hard-to-find options for vintage-inspired coats, jumpsuits, overalls, swing skirts, sleepwear, outerwear, and swimwear.
- SO MUCH to choose from in women’s dresses! Fit-and-flare dresses, swing dresses, maxi dresses, cocktail dresses, party dresses, mini dresses, babydoll dresses, shirt dresses, midi dresses, sweater dresses…and MOST of them have POCKETS!
- Our most popular women’s clothing styles offer exclusive hand-drawn prints that range from elegant to quirky with an emphasis on current trends. Whether you love cats, dogs, books, deep sea creatures, outerspace, dinosaurs, bunnies, bugs, bears, florals, rainbows, or reptiles, our talented design team is always coming up with unique ways for you to express yourself.
- Elegant dresses for special occasions including stunning wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, cocktail dresses, and evening gowns that are full of unique, vintage-inspired detailing.
So how do you feel like expressing yourself today? Are you feeling a bit kawaii? Cottagecore? Boho-chic? Feeling your goth streak? Or maybe you just want to wear something that lets everyone know how much you love your cat. Whatever you want in vintage-inspired women’s clothing, ModCloth is with you all the way. Come explore our latest women’s clothes collection now!